Thursday, April 12, 2012

If you build it they will come...

At first I wasn't really convinced at the content of the video. Who goes to arcades anymore? Our current days are populated with personal video game systems, where interaction is found through the virtual world and human contact is foreign and strange.

Also I didn't find what he was doing too special. I remember when my youth was spent dreaming up stupid inventions and trying to get people to sign onto it. No one did, and perhaps that how I turned out to be the cynical person I am today.

So this was a little personal. This was vindication, me living vicariously living through Caine. But enough with the selfish talk about me, just watch the video and you gotta give some kudos for the kid. He sat there day and night waiting for his first customer, continuing to do his thing. Waiting and waiting knowing that his day would come.

It makes me happy to live in this world. More that just the imaginative showcase of a boy who pursued a good idea the video highlights the redeeming qualities of a select group of people who were willing to help realize a young boy's dreams instead of crushing them.


Caine's Arcade from Nirvan Mullick on Vimeo.

Source: www.good.is

No comments: