Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sharing the Aware-ness

Been recently sitting on a lot of the good and interesting things I've come about, and I don't know if it's because I'm lazy or selfish or both, but I came across two videos that I really would like to post about. I personally believe in showcasing things that push the envelop, or even better tear open the envelop to see the gritty insides of it, in all the guts and glory.

Let's start off with something tamer:


And then this:


Since I haven't posted in a while I'm going to make this a big one. And this is really close to me. While attending the all-you-can-eat-knowledge-buffet called university I was graced with the opportunity of having a friend for a lecturer. We had recently come back from a conference named Urbana and he invited a man named David Batstone to speak to the class, a class I managed to sneak into. This man is the founder of the Not For Sale Campaign and I'm going to let you take a look at the website for yourself but the things he said were so simple yet so radical. He talked about taking the spending power from the richest of the rich, and transferring it to the poor. If a million people with a dollar each, they have a million dollars in spending power. He talked about how people do not need to be exploited but instead need to be incorporated, and empowered.

He talked on for an hour about things too long to type out. But let me tell you, the drive to the airport with him was just as interesting... but that's also another story.

No comments: