Monday, October 24, 2011

a right to bear arms

I've been away for a little while (mostly due to exploring different ventures) but I dedicate this little blog entry that second amendment that the United States of America upholds so well.

Let's start with the art:

This display of pictures utterly floored me as I had yet to see such a decorative display of bling and bunnies put together so well. And the genius behind this slew of work is Peter Gronquist with his exhibition "The Evolution will be Fabulous".



From the onset you might say to yourself "mehhh, those things aren't that bling-tastic" well wait until you see the gazelle with the AKs. What strikes me with this art piece is that it's so testosterone driven (*Biology lesson of the day: animals w/ big horns have big levels of testosterone*), it screams "guy" from start to finish. What else but machoism comes to mind with large golden weapon-like projections jutting from animal heads? Just looking at these pictures makes me want to swear take off my shirt, grow a long beard, swing from some vines and wrestle a tiger.








Sources: http://www.notcot.com/, http://gronquistevolution.blogspot.com/

No comments: